🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, The Modern House and more
📈 Join our growing team
Assistant Buyer (Gift Packaging)
We’re based in Dublin, Ireland, but you can work from anywhere in Ireland or the USA. Relocation is an option but not expected once everyone returns to the office.
About the team
&Open’s Buying and Merchandising team is growing. Together, our task is to manage product sourcing and day-to-day inventory levels. We determine clients’ needs, locate the best suppliers and help deliver great gifts. While executing the above, we also make decisions that protect the planet, helping preserve vs destruct when it comes to packaging processes and materials. Come help drive &Open forward with memorable unboxing experiences for customers worldwide.
About the role
We’re seeking an Assistant Buyer to support gift packaging requirements on our B&M team. Primary responsibilities will include supplier negotiation and new product research. We are passionate about minimising our carbon footprint and searching for someone who’s equally aligned when it comes to sustainability. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience with great decision-making skills and a keen eye for detail.
What you’ll do
- Liaise and negotiate. Work with existing suppliers to negotiate pricing and ensure client-determined quality, delivery and cost objectives are met.
- Relationship-build. With existing vendors/suppliers as well as prospective suppliers.
- Handle logistics. Raise purchase orders, manage KPIs (e.g. margin targets), keep a close record of payment terms and shipping details, etc.
- Source. Proactively and continuously source product globally. Negotiate deliveries to ensure consistent flow of inventory and maximise sales.
- Support. Our Buying Manager and Merchandiser will need occasional help with buy plans and quotation requests.
- Cross-communicate. Guarantee &Open’s gift experience strikes a balance of form and function by frequently communicating with gift designers and the Logistics team.
- Refine. Work to build a better gifting programme, day by day. Frequently find ways to improve sustainability efforts or increase efficiency within current processes.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft 365®
- Proven commercial trading experience in a fast-paced, reactive environment
- Confidence in suggesting calculated risks
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Professional demeanour with strong communication skills
- Attention to detail (on internal and external assignments)
- Proactive attitude, showing initiative to constantly improve &Open’s offerings
- Innovative thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise assignments and responsibilities, adhere to strict deadlines and work well under pressure
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.