&Open is always excited to meet creative thinkers, keen observers, emotionally intelligent self-starters, curious collaborators who embrace the new — people who care.
We’re looking to hire a copywriter with strong communication skills to help us elevate our clients’ messaging on a range of platforms. Candidates should be able to write within our established brand voice and adapt to clients’ tones, creating copy that will go out to thousands of customers every week.
Every day, every member of our team makes decisions that help drive &Open forward. The &Open team is made up of a confident, curious and dedicated bunch of people who can work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. This role is ideal for someone who gives great attention to detail and is able to work to tight deadlines and quick turnaround. They will work alongside all teams within the business, reporting to our Head Creative.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing original copy, with an ability to adapt to clients’ voices and our own &Open tone.
- Editing existing copy, whether in-house or for clients.
- Use writing and editing skills to write UI text that facilitates user navigation, as well onboarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Proofing all outgoing presentations and major communication.
- Liaising with clients on copy creation for product descriptions and packaging as well as gift messaging.
- Working with Senior Management and the Creative Team on presentation documents.
- Research to support marketing documents and other in-house presentations.
- Managing the messaging on our online platforms and working with clients to coordinate translation into required languages.
- Contributing ideas and input as our products develop.
Essential skills and experience you need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English or related subject.
- At least one year’s experience working as a sub-editor, copy editor or proofreader in an editorial or e-commerce environment.
- A keen eye for detail, excellent grammar skills and ability to adapt to &Open and clients’ tones.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
To apply, please send your CV, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org