&Open is always excited to meet creative thinkers, keen observers, emotionally intelligent self-starters, curious collaborators who embrace the new — people who care.
Every day, every member of our team makes decisions that help drive &Open forward. The &Open team is made up of a confident, curious and dedicated bunch of people who can work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving start-up environment. This role is ideal for a team player who has a strong analytical mind and an inclination for problem-solving.
We’re looking to hire a Data Analyst to help turn our data into insightful information to drive business decisions and demonstrate our innovative value to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of internal reporting: interpreting data, analysing results, and using statistical techniques to provide ongoing reports
- Develop our customer-facing reporting to ensure they can analyse and understand all the data relevant to their activity, and the impact it is having on their own customers
- Work with our design team to produce clear and impactful data visualisations
- Communicate effectively the findings of your analysis both internally to our team, and externally to our customers
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in rich and complex data sets
- Develop and implement data sets, data collection systems, and data analytics workflows
- Investigate and identify data issues, and work with the engineering team as to how these relate to our software to drive product improvements
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
What you’ll bring
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- A degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or similar subject area preferred
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, time estimation and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- A desire to continually learn and push the team’s processes forwards
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, data models, and databases
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing data sets (e.g., Excel, R, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Adept at report writing and presenting your findings in a clear and insightful manner
- Experience with Postgres, as it is our primary database system
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, object-relational mapping, data mining, and segmentation techniques
To apply, please send your CV with the job title in the subject line, along with your cover letter to email@example.com