🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, The Modern House and more
📈 Join our growing team
Global Logistics Operations Manager
We’re based in Dublin, Ireland, and our working arrangements are flexible with a combination of remote and office based location.
About the team
&Open’s Supply Chain & Logistics team is a growing team of people that work to create the best possible solutions for our customers. We take great pride in providing simple solutions to complex problems. Our logistics team is made up of individuals who care about every detail, creative problem solvers who are the secret engine powering everything we do.
This fast-paced, ever-evolving environment is ideal for those who are detail orientated and not afraid of the challenges that come with the needs of our growing B2B operation.
About the role
We're looking for a mid-level leader who likes problem solving, collaborating with others, loves finding ways to delight the customer and can play an active role in a fast growing global supply chain. We are hiring an Operations Manager to lead our team, overseeing our global supply chain operations. The goal is to ensure smooth and effective operations across a broad variety of customer channels, aiming for maximum efficiency along with best-in-class customer service.
What you’ll do
- Help develop and build the infrastructure within the logistics team and our 3rd party logistics(3PL) providers to enable the business scale up new client onboarding and sales aggressively.
- Manage & improve the daily operations of the global logistics operations team.
- Manage day-to-day logistics components of key client contracts, reporting performance KPIs against defined schedules and executing continuous improvement to clients within our live operation.
- Manage and control all allocated 3PL supplier relationships, implement management program.
- Define requirements for technology enhancement or new technologies within all areas of remit, deliver business cases and deployments on approved projects.
- Manage, coach and develop your operations team members to achieve targeted performance & quality results, ensure roles are defined and resources are allocated effectively.
- Document, implement and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures for key global logistics processes in 3PL centres.
- Collect data on existing processes; analyse to discover areas of defects or inefficiencies.
- Responsible for managing and controlling logistics costs within your areas, problem solving areas that are outside normal parameters and implementing corrective actions plans and cost-saving measures.
- Manage critical escalations arising in the logistics network to reduce customer impact.
- Foresee business risks and proactively identify risk mitigation mechanisms.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role within the supply chain industry.
- Experience with airfreight, cross border & last mile operations on global scale.
- Experience managing clients directly through regular reporting, KPIs & improvement plans.
- Experience managing & improving global operations teams & 3PL carriers.
- Management experience of global teams, recruitment, role & function design.
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced B2C / B2B / D2C or parcel freight business is essential.
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter and relevant work portfolio with the job title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org