&Open is always excited to meet creative thinkers, keen observers, emotionally intelligent self-starters, curious collaborators who embrace the new — people who care.
Every day, our retail team makes decisions that help drive &Open forward. They talk to clients, find suppliers, and predict the future. It is a close-knit but growing team made up of people who are smart, dedicated and confident.
We offer a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment that is perfect for those who are detail-oriented and not afraid of the challenges that come with the needs of a growing B2B operation.
We are looking to hire a Merchandising Manager responsible for forecasting, reporting and analysis, stock management, and budgeting. The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years’ relevant experience, with great decision-making skills, and a keen eye for details.
- Reforecast, on a monthly basis, and present suggested buys to clients on a quarterly basis
- Update product line sheets, weekly, to ensure accurate figures for forecasting
- Reforecast intake and inventory required to meet the forecasted sales while ensuring that intake is re-phased as necessary.
- Ensure KPIs are met e.g. margin and sales targets
- Create and maintain reports that enable effective decision-making in a timely manner, on a weekly, monthly or ad-hoc basis and present findings to management and clients
- Prepare and present Monthly Business Reviews to clients
- Conduct weekly trade reviews
- Provide training both in house, and externally, to ensure accurate information is being given and that there is a full understating of all reports
- Create reports, as needed, for clients and maintain these reports or train clients to maintain the report
- Manage intake and take action to ensure that inventory requirements are met
- Create and maintain required documentation, such as and buy plans and product line sheets to manage stock, margin, etc.
- POC within retail for implementation of new ERP system
- Provide relevant information to aid with the setting of budgets
- Agree and set yearly product budgets in conjunction with management and finance
Essential skills and requirements
- A minimum of five years’ merchandising and retail experience in a fast-paced and reactive environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- ERP implementation experience is a plus
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- Confidence in suggesting calculated risks
- Discreet, professional and well-spoken with excellent communication skills
- A keen eye for details
- Proactive and able to show initiative that will constantly improve the &Open offering
- A self-starter, highly motivated, an innovator and a problem solver
- Ability to multitask, prioritise assignments and responsibilities, adhere to strict deadlines and work well under pressure
To apply, please send your CV, along with a cover letter, to Ciara Flood