🙂 The world’s first happiness platform
🎁 Our gifting platform sends digital and physical gifts at scale
🤝 Clients include Airbnb, Spotify, The Modern House and more
📈 Join our growing team
Senior Backend Engineer
We’re based in Dublin, Ireland, but you can work from anywhere in Ireland. Relocation is an option but not expected once everyone returns to the office.
About the team
&Open’s Engineering team is a multidisciplinary group of software engineers, UI designers and technical architects. Together, our task is to build the best gifting platform in the world. We obsess over the details, the connections and touchpoints. We use modern tooling to develop refined and reliable code.
About the role
We’re seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to help us build new powerful APIs, features and integrations into our gifting platform. This role works alongside the Product, Engineering and Creative teams.
What you’ll do
- Design. You’ll design solutions solving real-world problems and extending our product’s capabilities
- Build. You will be part of our development team, which is responsible for the web back-end that powers our clients’ products and services.
- Collaborate. You’ll work closely with product, design and frontend teams to build new features, drive technical direction, and build scalable web technology.
- Innovate. We aim for continuous improvement and you’ll be encouraged to bring that through in all aspects of your work.
- Lead. You’ll demonstrate best practices in your work, producing clean, efficient, and well-tested code.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years as a software engineer working primarily with Ruby on Rails.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Plenty of experience with modern development tools and workflows, such as Git with Github/Gitlab, RSpec, docker, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, time estimation and communication skills.
- You should have previously designed and implemented well-structured APIs using RESTful or GraphQL approaches.
- Experience with asynchronous background processing frameworks, like Sidekiq.
- The ability to rapidly prototype ideas into working code to assist in the design process.
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications, consuming information from APIs and dynamically filtering data sources.
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills.
- Experience working with AWS and cloud-based containerised architectures.
- Experience with I18n, multi-tenanted architectures, and test-driven development.
- Shipping large-scale web applications.
All welcome here
We believe diverse teammates, opinions and backgrounds generate a larger global impact and more considerate acts of care. &Open is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Please send your CV, along with a cover letter and relevant work portfolio, to firstname.lastname@example.org