&Open is always excited to meet creative thinkers, keen observers, emotionally intelligent self-starters, curious collaborators who embrace the new — people who care.
We’re looking to hire a Senior Software Developer to help us to develop exciting new products in online commerce, digital payments and communications.
Every day, every member of our team makes decisions that help drive &Open forward. The &Open team is made up of a confident, curious and dedicated bunch of people who can work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving start-up environment. This role is ideal for a team player who pays great attention to detail.
Our experienced software team are responsible for building our online platforms, which handle thousands of customer interactions a day, with sophisticated interactivity on the frontend, and robust processing and integrations on the backend. We use agile planning methods and modern tooling to develop refined and reliable code.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with other senior developers to scope, design and develop new software
- Develop customer-facing web applications, API integrations with partners (e.g., Stripe, Intercom) and make improvements to internal tools and workflows
- Communicate your technical designs to other team members
- Integrate software components and external libraries
- Work with the CTO on product roadmap planning and scheduling
- Produce clean, efficient and well-tested code based on specifications and best-practices
- Our customer base is modern (e.g., Airbnb), and push us to continually learn new skills, techniques, and tools to improve our product
The skills and experience you need
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, time estimation and communication skills
- A desire to continually learn and push the team’s processes forwards
- An understanding both of software performance and efficiency, and the customer experience of using a web application
- Knowledge of modern development tools and workflows, such as Git, RSpec and Continuous Integration
- Experience with databases, and ORMs like ActiveRecord
- Knowledge of Postgres, Sidekiq, and job queues
- Experience with AWS — specifically S3, Cloudfront and EC2/Elastic Beanstalk
- Familiarity with Docker and Gitlab
To apply, please send your CV, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org