&Open is always excited to meet creative thinkers, keen observers, emotionally intelligent self-starters, curious collaborators who embrace the new — people who care.
Senior Frontend Engineer
Every day, every member of our team makes decisions that help drive &Open forward. The &Open team is made up of a confident, curious and dedicated bunch of people who can work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving start-up environment. This role is ideal for a team player who pays great attention to detail.
Our experienced software team is responsible for building our online platforms, which handle thousands of customer interactions a day, with sophisticated interactivity on the frontend, and robust processing and integrations on the backend. We use agile planning methods and modern tooling to develop refined and reliable code.
We are continuing to grow and so is the demand for our services, and we’re now looking to bring an experienced React.js Web Developer as a new addition to our team in Dublin.
What you’ll do
- The successful candidate will be part of our technology and development team, which is responsible for the web front-end that powers our clients’ products and services.
- Collaborate closely with product, design and backend teams to build new features, drive technical direction, and build scalable web technology targeting the most modern browsers.
- Development of impressive graphs, dashboards, visualisations etc. of user and logistics activity. You will work closely with our CTO, Director of Engineering, React.js, and rails developers.
- Working alongside remote teams is paramount for this role.
What you’ll bring
- Experience with client-side frameworks like React.js
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications, consuming information from APIs and dynamically filtering data sources
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience working with visual designers in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
- Advanced knowledge of modern CSS techniques
- Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
- The ability to rapidly prototype ideas into working code to assist in the design process
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills
- An understanding of unit tests and regression testing
- Experience shipping large scale web applications
- WebGL experience
- Knowledge and working experience with Heroku or AWS for web app deployment
- Working knowledge of tools like Gulp, Jest
- Familiarity with geographic information systems
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment workflows
- Working familiarity with backend technology like Ruby, Python or PHP
To apply, please send your CV with the job title in the subject line, along with your cover letter to email@example.com